Monday, October 27, 2008

Stir Fried Chicken with Bok Choy and Crispy Chinese Noodle Cake = Heavenly!


The other weekend we were watching America's Test Kitchen and they made this stir fry that looked good and served it over a noodle cake which looked intriguing! It is true that we don't eat chicken, but as it happens I have been making a wheat gluten based chicken style seitan very frequently as of late. I went to the Farmers' Market to get some red bell peppers and bok choy and then made it up! 
Well, I made it again tonight and it was once again amazing! Thought I would take some photos and share the recipe with you.

















Note: I seem to recall in the episode they were jazzing off about this being a "1 pot recipe," however, there were 2 pots (1 to boil the noodles and 1 for the rest of the steps), and there were many prep bowls! When all the ingredients are prepped it all comes together so easily and deliciously though, so it is totally worth it!


No comments: